This cross word puzzle deals with information about some plants of high economic importance. The aim of this puzzle is to acquaint the readers about plants that man uses directly or indirectly for his benefit and to generate interest of the young learners in the subject. While solving the puzzle, the students would expand their knowledge, improve their logical thinking and would be able to better retain and associate concepts. Surely, it would enhance our understanding of the features of the plants and the role they play in our lives.
4. – Dried roots of the plant used as a cure for epilepsy, high blood pressure, and cardiac diseases and is advised for use (9)
6. – The vegetable gold, wood and oil from the tree are valuably compared to gold (10)
8. – First man-made cereal obtained by crossing wheat and rye (9)
10. – The ‘Green Gold’ of India provides livelihood to people of several South-East Asian countries (6)
11. – Known as the king of all fruits, a summer fruit liked by all (5)
1. – Source of commercial crystalline sugar and jiggery (9)
2. – Source of a gum having excellent film-forming quality used in postage stamps (4)
3. – A type of plastic made from coffee beans, it shows good insulation (9)
5. – Considered as poor man’s meat, source of proteins to the vegetarians (6)
7. – Roots of this plant are source of an essential oil (7)
9. – Fever bark tree, source of quinine-the antimalarial drug (8)
Use the clues to fill in the words above.
Words can go across or down.
Letters are shared when the words intersect.
About the Author
Dr. Pooja Gupta, has a Ph.D. in Botany from the University of Delhi. She is working as an Assistant Professor at the Ramjas College of the University of Delhi. A gold medalist from the University of Delhi, she has a great love for plants and wants to inculcate interest in the younger generation towards the plant world. She loves to write and create awareness on the importance of plants and sensitize the young minds towards their conservation and sustainable use.